How to Remote Desktop into a Windows instance
- You must have at least the Plus subscription. You will be sent an email with connection information for RDP, SSH and HTTP access to your instances.
Step 1 – Enable Remote Desktop
By default, Remote Desktop is disabled on all Windows based operating systems.
- Login to your Windows virtual machine my using the dashboard located at https://mylab.yellowcircle.net
- From “Start” menu, right-click on This PC or Computer (Depends on version of windows you are running), then click on Properties.
- In the left pane, click on Remote settings to bring up System Properties / Remote tab.
- Section labeled Remote Desktop has two or three options, select Allow remote connection to this computer
- Click OK
Step 2 – Connect to your virtual machine using Remote Desktop from your own computer
From your Windows client machine, launch Remote Desktop Connection, this can be located by going to the Start menu and search for remote desktop
- Fill in the Computer: – This is the name that you received in your port-forwarding email. It is usually rdp.yellowcircle.net:xxxx.
- Click Connect, and then provide your Windows username & password.
- Optional items specific to Remote Desktop (Display, Local Resources, Experience, Advanced)
- Display tab, you can specify screen size, color quality
- Local Resources gives you option to enable local sound, keyboard options, and device mappings for drives and printers.
- Experience tab allows you to adjust windows features based on your connection speed.
- Advanced tab provides security and gateway related information. This does not apply to machines in Yellow Circle learning platform.
- You can also save your connection as a RDP file with custom settings, including username & password.