Create your Private Network
This tutorial will help you setup your first private network for your instances. This is an advanced topic for users interested in learning cloud networking.
* Be sure to not change or delete your existing network.
- Log into your Yellow Circle account.
- Select the Network menu item in the left pane and then select Network as shown below.
Now that you are in the Networks section, it is time to setup your private network.
- Click + Create Network in the top right corner
- You can give your network any name you want, but we recommend Private Network for beginners.
- Leave Admin State as is. It should be UP.
- Leave Create Subnet checked, and click next.
- After clicking Next, it will be time to create the subnet. In Subnet Name, put My Subnet.
- In network address, enter 192.168.1.0/24
- Leave IP Version on IPv4
- In gateway IP, put 192.168.1.1 and click next. See screenshot below for reference.
- The next screen is subnet details. See the screen shot below.
- Copy the following text into the Allocation Pools: 192.168.1.100,192.168.1.254
Note there is not space between 100 and 192.
- Copy and paste the below text into the DNS Name Servers
- Verify your subnet details page looks like the picture above and click Create.
- Now your private network is created and you’re ready to begin spinning up instances.
Return to Getting Started and continue the series to spinning up your first instance.