How to create / manage Security Groups
Login to your cloud dashboard with userid / password provided in an email.
(IMPORTANT: Dashboard uses features from HTML5, please use browser that fully supports HTML5. Some examples are Firefox, Google Chrome, Opera).
- In dashboard, expand “Compute” from left navigation menu, and go to “Access & Security” section.
- Go to “Security Groups” tab and click on “Manage Rules” under “Actions” for the rule that is applied to your virtual machines.
- You can remove rules by clicking on “Delete Rule“, or create a new one from “+ Add Rule”
- Rule, system provides a list of pre-defined rules, or you can select custom from this list.
- Based on your selection, rest of the fields will change.
- Direction, ingress or egress (in-bound or out-bound).
- Open Port, is it a single port or port-range.
- Remote is the source, can be CIDR or a Security Group
- Click “Add“.
- Security Group changes are applied instantly to your cloud environment.
- If you have “Firewall” created, you may have to update matching rules, see tutorial on “Firewalls” for details.
PO Box 2383
Elk Grove, CA 95759-2383
Made in California, USA
Get in touch…
Phone: (916) 581-0101