Browsing your website in Yellow Circle
This tutorial will help you learn how to browse your websites and web applications in the Yellow Circle Learning Platform.
The Yellow Circle Learning Platform has a variety of web applications to choose from. You can spin up a WordPress website, Joomla, Drupal, and a host of programming languages. In order to access those sites, you must be logged into your account and access them through a desktop instance of your choice.
We have included a few desktop images to choose from such as Windows, Ubuntu, mint, etc. When you launch a website such as WordPress you will access it from one of these desktop instances.
This tutorial requires you to have already completed the Getting Started series so you have a solid understanding of how to launch instances.
- To start, spin up both a WordPress (small flavor) and Linux mint (medium flavor) instance. We are going to use Linux mint to access the WordPress website. See below for how it should look.
- In the IP address column, you will see a number in the WordPress row. You will use this number to access your WordPress website from your web browser in your Linux mint instance. Note that your number will likely be different than mine.
- After noting your IP address, log into the Linux mint instance through the console. If you do not remember how to do this, re-watch the Spinning up Your First Instance video.
- Now that you’re logged into your Linux mint instance, open up the Firefox browser usually found in the task bar at the bottom as shown here.
- In the address bar, type the IP address we found earlier and press enter as shown below. I have used my IP address for this. Make sure you use the one you found for your WordPress instance.
- Press enter, and you will be presented with your new WordPress website!Find some websites that teach WordPress and use your new WordPress instance to practice!
If you find you cannot get to your WordPress browser, follow this tutorial on Access & Security.