If you have been using the free Yellow Circle Learning Platform for a while and you are ready to take your learning experience to the next level, follow this guide for some quick help on how to switch your subscription.
Our free account is to help new students learn the basics of information technology such as creating applications and connecting to them. To help students learn the core concepts of technology and its infrastructure. To make this possible without internet access from your instances we offer many different applications and operating systems. Try this tutorial to help get an understanding of how best to use the free account.
As you become more advanced, you may find you need internet access to learn more advanced concepts. You may sign up for a paid subscription which will provide internet access from your instances. As your understanding of technology increases, you may wish to have direct access to your websites and servers and may opt to subscribe to our advanced subscriptions.
Yellow Circle offers a variety of remote access options to get to your instance from anywhere in the world:
- Ability to access your website from anywhere (HTTP)
- Use remote console from your dashboard
- SSH into your Linux virtual machine*
- RDP into your Windows virtual machine*
* HTTP, SSH and RDP are included in the Plus subscription and above. See our subscription options.
There are two reasons for this:
- Yellow Circle is a learning platform, and not an environment for other purposes such as hosting a website. In order to prevent unauthorized use, we shut down all instances every week on Friday. Don’t worry, nothing is deleted. Just log on and start your instances back up and you’re back in business!
- Our resources are limited, so to ensure there is plenty to go around, shutting down instances weekly will keep inactive user’s instances powered off. This frees up resources for our active users, giving you a good experience with minimal lag.
You have to spin up a desktop instance and browse to your website from there. Follow this tutorial for more information.
Yellow Circle is the place for all levels of Information Technology students to create enterprise grade solutions while learning. This free Cloud service provides students with virtual infrastructure to create routers, networks, servers, firewalls, & load-balancers. This environment is built for students to be innovative with their ideas and create enterprise grade information technology infrastructures all from within their web browser, without ever thinking about the cost of any of the items.
Didn’t find the answer to your question…
No worries – Head on over to our contact us page and a specialist will get back to you.
PO Box 2383
Elk Grove, CA 95759-2383
Made in California, USA